Saturday, June 20, 2009
Then and Now - Presbyterian Church and News Virginian
At the top of Main Street Hill sits a beige brick building that is now empty. This building, in its various incarnations, has served as a Presbyterian Church (seen here on left; built between 1874 and finished in 1878, then vacated in 1912), the Star Theater, and finally the News Virginian (see here on right.) The News Virginian moved to its current 544 W. Main Street address in 2005.
We'd love to know what happened to the old steeple.